Thursday, July 27, 2017



Name of problem:Holiday Pay
Describe the problem:we had to find out ¾ of 60 And ⅓ of what was left. Then he brought two pies each costing $2 each. Then we had to find out what fraction of pocket money did he not spend.
These are the strategies and knowledge I used to solve the problem.
(add more bullet points for each step)  first i find ¾
60. Then I ended up with  45 then i subtracted 45 from 60 i was left with 15. Then i had to find out ⅛ of that and that was 10. Then  i add 50 to the 10 and that equals 60 .
And then you add up then i add up 45 and 5 and 4.  That equals 54 then i subtract 60 from that then i am left with 6 so  then i take the 60 and then the 6 and make a faction like this.
6/60  the end.
Describe how you used 2 learning muscles:

Making Links i used my making links muscle by linking my knowledge to what i already new about how to find fractions of numbers.
The other learning muscle i think i used was absorption because while i was telling my suggestion . i was listening to there one.

Photo of the task:IMG_20170726_133839.jpg













1 comment:

  1. I like your work and how you do figuring out. And also how you put all your knowledge into it. Also i finished the task. I hope you got the right answer.

    ReplyDelete